As New Year’s Eve fast approaches, now feels like a good opportunity to reflect on the year that has gone. 2018 will always be a special year for us here at Rama, filled with many amazing memories that have passed by far too quickly. Seeing our products go from design to the shelves of some fabulous stores has been a “pinch me” moment to say the least.
We are so grateful for every single one of you. Your reviews made our day each time we read one and we love your DMs, comments and emails. We have a wonderful community and we are looking forward to the amazingness that 2019 will bring.
The new year period is a great opportunity to reflect and count our blessings. My heart is full of gratitude for the wonderful writers who made me miss my bus stop, the musicians that made me dance and dream whilst walking around London and the movies that transported me for a few hours and made me think about the world in a different way.
I loved reading Barack Obama's post of his favourite books, movies and songs and was inspired to share mine. Note: not everything is necessarily from 2018, just new to me this year.
The books I got lost in:
- A Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- Mrs Gaskell and Me by Nell Stevens
- Exposure by Olivia Sudjic
- The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
- The Discomfort Zone by Farrah Storr
- Rest by Alex Pang
- The Reading Cure by Laura Freeman
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Behave by Robert Sapolsky
- The Arabian Nights by Sir Richard Francis Burton
- Thinking in Numbers by Daniel Tammet
- The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The movies that wowed me:
- Black Panther
- Crazy Rich Asians
- Who is America
- The Untouchables
Songs I have been listening to on repeat:
- Khalid - "Better" + "Eastside" + "Love Lies"
- Lewis Capaldi - "Bruises" + "Grace"
- Kendrick Lamar & SZA - "All The Stars"
- Mark Ronson & Miley Cyrus - "Nothing Breaks Like A Heart"
- Vitaa - "Game Over"
- Sting & Cheb Mami - "Desert Rose"
I would love to know your gems of 2018 - please send them to me via DM on Instagram @ramapublishing or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy New Year everyone! I am so excited for what 2019 may bring and I hope you are too.